Tips and Tricks HQ Support Portal › Forums › WP eStore Forum › WP eStore Tweaks › eStore – remove line break and remove or replace colon
Tagged: estore, line break, variation menu
- This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 6 months ago by bobk.
November 21, 2012 at 7:05 am #7972
1. How can I remove the line break which occurs before the colon ( : ), the pop-up menu for product variations, and the ‘add to cart’ button?
Here’s the test page: [http://bobkarty.pairsite.com/listen_and_buy/leader_solo_artist]
In other words, I would like to get all these elements on a single line:
The text ‘$1.00 Choose format (?)’, the pop-up menu, and the ‘add to cart’ button. (This line break seems to have appeared after an eStore plugin update a few months ago – I don’t recall changing anything.)
2. Is there any way to remove or replace the colon, and if so, how? So far I haven’t been able to figure out where it is in the code.
Thanks in advance!
Everything is up to date as of this writing:
WordPress version: 3.4.2
WP eStore version: 6.9.4
Lightbox Ultimate version: 1.8.4November 22, 2012 at 2:44 am #51669adminKeymaster
I am not seeing the issue you described above. To me that test page you shared is looking fantastic. Am I missing something?November 22, 2012 at 3:39 am #51670
Thanks for the reply, admin!
No you’re not missing anything – I’d made some changes by the time you saw the page.
To cover my bases, I’d also posted in the support forum for my [paid] WordPress theme, and someone provided the following solution to remove the colon (#2 above):
Is this OK? Is there any other way to get rid of it? And, most importantly to my curious mind, where is that coded in the plugin? I searched a bunch of the php files without success. It would also be good to know in case I want to use something other than the colon.
I’m glad to hear you think the page looks good! Still, I’d like to try putting the text ‘$1.00 Choose format (?)’ on the same line as the variation menu (question #1 above).
How can I do that?
BobNovember 22, 2012 at 4:49 am #51671adminKeymaster
Hi Bob, That CSS tweak you applied is correct. You can find the code in the “eStore_button_display_helper.php” file. Search for “eStore_variation_name” in that file.
Two things are preventing you from getting that variation on the same line as your other text.
1) The variation and the button is a standard HTML form. By default a form will start on a new line. You can wrap the full output of eStore in a div class and then use the CSS float property to put them side by side.
2) If you put them all on the same line they it will run into your sidebar?
I actually think it looks and works better just the way you have it. If I was buying from that page as a customer, I wouldn’t be confused by anything. Having one line for the form description and one line for the purchase button is making that section match nicely with the player you have on the left too.November 22, 2012 at 9:30 am #51672
Good to know about the div class option. And yes, after posting my last message I realized that the sidebar and/or the mp3 player would need to be narrower to make room for everything side-by-side.
I appreciate your feedback about the design, and I agree! It’s fine as-is.
Thanks again for the help. Much appreciated.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.