September 25, 2013 at 9:52 am #9737pauley13Member
I’ve read through your posts here regarding PayPal PDT and Auto-Return, but this doesn’t seem to apply to my particular situation.
* I use my PayPal accounts for a few different sites, and one of them has eStore on it, while the others don’t.
* When I go to PayPal to set PDT and Auto-Return, PayPal wants to know my return URL.
* My Return URL for the eStore-based site is a thankyou page specific to the services I deal with on that site. I don’t want buyers from my other sites to be redirected to this page.
Am I missing something?
So, my question is:
How can I set up eStore (and PayPal) so that it returns the buyer to the RELEVANT thankyou page only?
thanks! best paulSeptember 25, 2013 at 10:39 pm #57970PeterMember
Hi, It doesn’t matter which return url you put in your paypal account because estore will override it with the applicable url at the time of purchase (for that transaction).
The following post has detailed info on this topic:September 26, 2013 at 9:04 am #57971pauley13Member
Awesome, thanks!October 4, 2013 at 1:27 am #57972JB HarlinMember
Along the same line with PayPal PDT and Auto-Return, I have another question.
* I set up my eStore to sell e-books with Auto-Return and a Thank You page. (Not yet active, site still in development.)
* I also bill for other products using a PayPal Invoice (request money).
* Will there be a conflict with the Auto-Return when the customer pays the Invoice?
* Will the customer be directed to my Thank You page when paying the Invoice, or will he see an error, or will he see nothing different?
* Or, because the transaction was not initiated by eStore and the shopping cart, will PayPal do nothing?
Thanks for your help,
JBOctober 4, 2013 at 1:54 am #57973wpCommerceModerator
Hi, when you enable PDT with auto return on your PayPal account it will apply to all the checkout transactions (not just the eStore ones). But you shouldn’t be having any issue with it.
However, if you do want to return your users to a different “Thank you” page for other checkout methods (without eStore) you should specify a different Return URL on your PayPal account.October 4, 2013 at 2:15 am #57974JB HarlinMember
Thanks for the quick response. That was what I thought would happen. So I can setup another Thank You page for my Invoice transactions and whatever URL I specify in the PayPal account will be used. I was concerned that since that URL would not have the ability to display the transaction info there might be some sort of error. I would assume that since there will be no code to retrieve and authenticate the data nothing will happen, other than a transfer to that URL.
Thanks for your help. . . you guys have been great!
JBOctober 4, 2013 at 12:42 pm #57975george@lvvMember
I’m working on setting up the Thank You page so encrypted links to pay per view video content can display after a payment transaction is completed.
At this PayPal page: “Payment Data Transfer”
it says this: “PDT is not meant to be used with credit card or Express Checkout transactions.”
“Not meant to be used with credit card”??
Is “not meant to be” the same as “cannot be”?
At this page:
“WP eStore – Instant Digital Product Delivery on A Thank You Page”
“This function uses PayPal’s PDT (Payment Data Transfer) feature.”
Does this mean Instant Digital Product Delivery on A Thank You Page can only be used with PayPal account holders, not with credit card buyers paying with PayPal?October 4, 2013 at 11:30 pm #57976adminKeymaster
Not meant to be in this case means that the auto return won’t happen for credit cart payment so the user will have to click on a link that says “Return to site” (this message can be customized). Everything else will still work as usual when the customer lands on the thank you page (the links will be shown for both credit card and paypal purchases).
Set it up and use it then you will have a good idea yourself.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.