October 26, 2014 at 4:18 am #11686
I am trying to create additional pay per view digital products in my eStore. The first one worked perfectly.
Additional products, created using the “copy product” fuction do not work show up on the page after purchase and are still hidden. I have checked each step of the product creation in eStore against the one that does work, and in theory it should all be fine.
I did recently migrate my website from one hosting provider to a new one and my primary domain name changed (the old primary one is now pointing to the new prinary one.)
However the working product was created way before this so and as it’s working I’m at a complete loss as to why the new ones won’t work. All help greatly appreciated.October 26, 2014 at 11:44 am #66375
You really haven’t provided enough information about the problem, so at this point; we are only guessing at what you are talking about.
Additional products, created using the “copy product” fuction do not work show up on the page after purchase and are still hidden.
What exactly do you mean by: …Additional products, created using the “copy product” fuction do not work show up on the page after purchase and are still hidden. What page? The product’s shopping page? The Thank You page? The buyer’s email? The PPV page?
my primary domain name changed (the old primary one is now pointing to the new prinary one.)
Do you have any product or other URL still pointing to your “old” domain name? They need to be updated. It doesn’t matter if you are redirecting the old domain to the “new” one. The security mechanisms in eStore will only work, especially APR protected pages, if URL point directly to the correct URL domain.
…created using the “copy product” fuction do not work…
We understand that once you have a particular product setting working “just right,” the temptation to just copy your success; over and over again. But in this instance, perhaps, if you tried creating another product from scratch, you might discover what the issue is.October 27, 2014 at 6:24 am #66376
Apologies for the confusion. I currently have “PAB” which is a pay per view product in my eStore. It all works fine. When you pay for it you get the email with the link that takes you to the page for viewing and all displays correctly. At present it still points to the old domain, thanks for the advice I will update.
I then added five additional products using the copy function with eStore to copy “PAB” and then I edited the information within each product to reflect the correct thumbnail, page the video is embeded on etc.
However when I purchase any of these five additional products (which I always do to test), I received the email with the links for viewing. However when I clicked on these links to view, they took me to the correct page but the view itself was hidden.
The info for these five additional correctly point to the new primary domain. I have compared them again the working “FAB” product and the only difference is that FAB is pointing to the old domain (redirected to the new one) whilst the other products are pointing directly at the new domain. After multiple checking this is the only difference I can see.
I will go back and create a new pay-per-view product and test it, and come back and let you know how it goes. Thank you for your time and patience.October 27, 2014 at 6:44 am #66377
Hi again, I went in and created one from scratch and still the same problem. When I click on the link automatically generated for me to go and view the video, the page is there fine but the video is still hidden. I have double checked the code I need to use before and after the video content. I have no idea why I am having this problem. Any ideas?October 27, 2014 at 1:01 pm #66378
Please turn on the eStore debug logs, and then reset the logs. Then, use the Admin functions to generate a link to the product in question and try to use the link. Then, post the complete content of the Download_Manager_Debug.log file. DO NOT edit the log content, before posting.October 28, 2014 at 6:42 am #66379
Where do I find the Download_Manager_Debug.log file?October 28, 2014 at 8:52 pm #66380
At the bottom of the eStore settings page, there are links to the various debug log files.October 29, 2014 at 2:28 am #66381
I’m sorry I must be doing something wrong. I reset the logs. I used the admin function to generate a link to the product but the link is not clickable. I tried to use the link in my browser (if that what you meant) but it didn’t work and that doesn’t show up in the log.
I really appreciate your time and patience.October 29, 2014 at 10:33 pm #66382adminKeymaster
Please generate a link for this product from the admin functions menu and share it here so I can check a couple of things.November 1, 2014 at 12:24 am #66383
Apologies for the delay (Happy Halloween)
Vamp – [http://www.imagecinematic.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-cart-for-digital-products/download.php?file=31bX%2Fi4CVvyQhKjojA%3D%3D]November 1, 2014 at 12:59 am #66384adminKeymaster
Found the issue. The following log data has the clue:
[11/01/2014 12:51 AM] – Status : APRTP URI request = aprtp://www.imagecinematic.com/estore-vamp/
[11/01/2014 12:51 AM] – Status : Authorizing APR request for:http://www.imagecinematic.com/estore-vamp/
[11/01/2014 12:51 AM] – SUCCESS : $_COOKIE[4452528ac32e770315f64bb413f88558] => 21ua%2ByIDUfWRhw%3D%3D
[11/01/2014 12:51 AM] – Status : Dispatching APRTP URL=http://www.imagecinematic.com/estore-vamp/
[11/01/2014 12:51 AM] – Status : Authenticating APR request for:http://imagecinematic.com/estore-vamp/
[11/01/2014 12:51 AM] – Status : $_COOKIE[36ef1676b948e8096f9fa419c6bbaa07] not found.
Basically, you entered the URL with “www” in the product configuration. However on your site, you don’t use “www”. Edit the estore product and remove the “www.” so your APRTP URl should look like:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.