Tips and Tricks HQ Support Portal › Forums › WP eStore Forum › WP eStore Tweaks › eStore – need shortcode assistance with custom price boxes
- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 10 months ago by admin.
August 7, 2013 at 2:48 pm #9444
Although you have generously provided many options for “fancy” product layouts, it would take me too long to customize your CSS to make any of them work with the look of my client’s site.
The WordPress theme my client is using has built-in shortcodes for “fancy price boxes” that work much better for the look of her store. After reviewing all of the WP eStore shortcode reference material I have been able to add some product information to the theme’s box. However, I have three issues I need assistance with:
I am using eStore’s dynamic product details retrieval feature:
1. What “parameter” do I use to show the product image thumbnail? Using info=”thumbnail” does not work. The only parameters for this dynamic display shortcode that you have listed are for price, description, sales_count, and available_copies.
2. All of my client’s products will all have variations (I am using your eStore Variation UI Addon). What “parameter” do I use to display the variations drop down box?
3. The theme’s fancy price box also has a built in “button” where I can customize the text…allowing me to use it as an Add To Cart button. How can I make this button function like the WP eStore “Add to Cart” shortcode does?
Here is a link to the product page that is under construction to give you a reference of what I am needing.
The price box at the top is using your known shortcodes.
The price box at the bottom is what I would like it to look like.
And here is the code I am currently using to create the product info box.Code:[one_half][titled_box align=”center”]
[div style=”text-align:center”][wp_eStore_product_details id=1 info=”thumbnail”]
[wp_eStore_product_details id=1 info=”name”]
[wp_eStore_product_details id=1 info=”description”]
[wp_eStore_product_details id=1 info=”price”][/div][button link=”#” size=”large” align=”center”]ADD TO CART[/button][/titled_box][/one_half]
Thank you for your assistance.August 8, 2013 at 12:41 am #56981
You can use the purchase button link option. So the button link will be a simple text link. Here is the documentation:
If you have variations that you need your user to select from the drop down then it is best to use simple eStore button shortcode then style the button using CSS or an image. So for exmaple, the following shortcode will place the add to cart button with variations:
Then you can customize the button’s appearance using this technique:
https://support.tipsandtricks-hq.com/forums/topic/wp-estore-customizing-the-buttons-changing-the-button-imagesAugust 9, 2013 at 4:22 pm #56982
Thank you for the above answers to how to make my add to cart button work and to add a variation selector box.
I still need to know the shortcode parameter that will place the image in the box.
CammyAugust 10, 2013 at 12:27 am #56983
Hi Cammny, When you say “image in the box”, do you mean an image for the purchase button?
The following post explains how you can use any custom image for your purchase button:
https://support.tipsandtricks-hq.com/forums/topic/wp-estore-customizing-the-buttons-changing-the-button-imagesAugust 13, 2013 at 7:18 pm #56984
I apologize for not being clear. I meant the product image thumbnail.August 14, 2013 at 7:34 am #56985
I have added an example showing how to retrieve the product thumbnail image in the following documentation:
See the section labelled “Retrieving the Product Thumbnail Image”
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.