Tips and Tricks HQ Support Portal › Forums › WP eStore Forum › WP eStore Troubleshooting › estore-amazon S3 downloadable link access denied:the XML file does not appear
- This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 8 years, 1 month ago by wzp.
February 13, 2015 at 11:30 am #12209DoriMember
Hi, I offer free downloadable e-books through wp estore’s squeeze form and the book pdfs are stored in my Amazon S3 account.
I have typed both the access key id and the secret access key correctly (20 and 40 characters long respectively). I also typed them both manually and copied-pasted through notepad in the wp estore “amazon integration” section (the problem persists).
The bucket name, folder name, and object name have no upper case letters or spaces. The digital download links have been entered for each download and they look like that: as3tp://englishexperts.s3.amazonaws.com/freebooks/wordoftheday.pdf. No spaces that I haven’t seen either; I double checked.
My site is not password protected, I did many tests with different email addresses and while I get the email with the link when I press the link to download the pdf I get this message:
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
I didn’t see any failure. I realize that the problem may have nothing to do with the plugin itself, but any ideas what might be causing this problem?
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.
P.S. The plugin is amazing!!February 13, 2015 at 1:01 pm #68588wzpModerator
The issue is on the Amazon side.
Using the Amason S3 Console:
- Does the object (file) really exist, in your bucket, where you think it does?
- Is the object name in the bucket correct?
- Carefully check the object name, as it is in the bucket, for illegal characters.
- Are the object (file) permissions set to “Private?”
The following is a good checklist for this:
https://support.tipsandtricks-hq.com/forums/topic/troubleshooting-amazon-s3-download-link-issuesFebruary 14, 2015 at 8:00 pm #68589DoriMember
Thank you very much for your answer. I checked everything in the checklist, everything was correct. The problem is resolved, however, and here is what was the error (I post it in case someone else faces the same situation in the future): AmazonS3 prompt me to create an IAM user first instead of giving me my root credentials right away, and I mistakenly thought that these were the credentials I should use in the first place.(IAM user’s). Silly of me I know, but amazon makes it really difficult granting permissions and all. Anyway, I requested the root keys that I hadn’t downloaded before; then I replaced the old ones in the wp estore too, and everything works perfectly as it should!February 14, 2015 at 9:45 pm #68590wzpModerator
Yeah, that was a recent change they did, to make it harder for someone to fraudulently get your credentials. Unfortunately, it also makes it harder for you as well.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.