Tips and Tricks HQ Support Portal › Forums › WP eMember › WP eMember Tweaks › eMember required fields issue
Tagged: custom field, form builder, validation
- This topic has 5 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 4 months ago by admin.
February 14, 2018 at 1:58 pm #14700
I am using eMember with WooCommerce addon. Is there a way to use the woocommerce sign up form instead of eMember. I’m having 2 issues:
1. I noticed that several new members have been able to submit our signup form with blank text fields even though they are required fields. They are using the space bar and that is being accepted as valid content for the fields.
2. “State” part of the member address is a text field in eMember but a dropdown in WooCommerce. I know I can create dropdowns using custom fields in eMember but how do I ensure they would properly populate WooCommerce member profile.February 14, 2018 at 11:57 pm #77290
Yes, you can use woocommere’s signup for instead of emember. Check the 2nd option from the following page:
Set that up and then all your membership/account creation is handled by Woocommerce and you won’t have to worry about emember’s registration fields.February 15, 2018 at 9:48 pm #77291
We are using eMember because our woocommerce store purchases are limited to members only. Membership is free but limited to people from a specific profession so accounts are also approved manually. Pricing is hidden and can be viewed by logged in members only.
I was thinking of the woocommerce checkout form that includes billing address, etc. The woocommerce registration form is limited to username, email address and password fields.
So, getting back to the emember registration form
1. How can fields be validated so that user has to enter a valid content – such as a phone number that has minimum of 10 digits, fields must have text characters not just space bar, etc.
2. Is there a way to add a ststes dropdown in emember and have it populate woocommerce “my account”?February 17, 2018 at 11:12 pm #77292
Registration form field customization is handled by the emember form builder addon. It has some of those validation type fields you are looking for:
However, it doesn’t have any option to populate states in woocommerce account.November 1, 2018 at 3:58 pm #77293
I am using the form builder add-on but we are finding that text fields do not have validation option that can prevent people from tapping in a few spaces with the space bar to get around entering content.
The username field shows an error message “Letter, number, underscore or email allowed” if you add spaces with the space bar. How can I add that type of validation error to custom text fields, address, city, state, zipcode fields?November 2, 2018 at 12:13 am #77294
When you make a text field required, they have to enter some value in there. Just adding a couple of space characters will still show them the error.
Can you share link to the page where you have the form so I can inspect it?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.