October 9, 2015 at 12:41 am #13147sambernsMember
I have set up a subscription payment for emember accounts on my wordpress through Paypal.
1) Should I have the box clicked for Paypal to create usernames and passwords?
2) Is there a way for paid user registration on the site with custom form fill out?
3) with Paypal creating accounts no membership info is sent to emember. The error in debug is:
[10/09/2015 12:37 AM] – SUCCESS :Paypal Class Initiated by 220.127.116.11
[10/09/2015 12:37 AM] – SUCCESS :Post string : […. business=woodybongard%40gmail.com&address_country=Canada …]
[10/09/2015 12:37 AM] – SUCCESS :Connection to http://www.sandbox.paypal.com successfuly completed.
[10/09/2015 12:37 AM] – FAILURE :IPN validation failed.
[10/09/2015 12:37 AM] – SUCCESS :Paypal class finished.October 9, 2015 at 1:47 am #71558
1 and 2) No, eMember will handle that. Please read the following documentation so you understand the registration process:
3) Looks like you enabled the “sadnbox” testing in emember settings but your PayPal account is set to the LIVE one. Sandbox and live accounts are completely different (they can’t be mixed).
If you want to use live PayPal account then turn off the sandbox option from the settings. Then do a test transaction.November 21, 2015 at 10:29 pm #71559
I am VERY new to ALL of this I hope I’m posting in the right place in that it has to do with PayPal.
(1) My membership subscribe button is located on “home” page [http://trueheraldofmercy.com] – payment goes through PayPal with no problem – sending subscriber a couple of emails, verifying their membership, etc. Somewhere on the eMember info I read that the subscriber would receive a link that they could click on that would allow them to register their desired login name/password. There is “none”. Also, I cannot see any indication (anywhere!) that gives me the subscriber info on my eMember side that this person has subscribed. – In PayPal I do see everything correctly. In that this was a test I directed PayPal to give a refund which went smoothly.
(2) The PayPal link goes to my thank you page [http://trueheraldofmercy.com/thank-you] HOWEVER (as one can see)there are 3 paragraphs on this page – The first two “I” created: correct. HOWEVER: the last two lines are NOT mine: “Free membership is disabled on this site! Please visit the Payment Page to pay for a membership. Click Here” . . . which takes the subscriber BACK to the home page . . . where they began.
I have NO IDEA where that last line comes from! In the page construction it does NOT show in the “text” nor in the “visual”
At the bottom of that page I have the following code [wp_eMember_registration] – intending the new subscriber to be taken to a new registration sign up page. I made the registration page unique for protection [http://trueheraldofmercy.com/thank-you/register-j0524s0511201511/] – this take the subscriber to the same above referenced message: “Free membership is disabled on this site! Please visit the Payment Page to pay for a membership. Click here” In the Menus I made “registration” a “sub” of the “thank you” page. Should I not have done this?November 22, 2015 at 1:30 am #71560
I don’t think you have read the following documentation:
I am assuming you want to use “Member Signup Scenario 1”. Is step 8, 9 and 10 happening on your site?
Please enable the debug option in your site also.November 22, 2015 at 1:11 pm #71561
Thank you for your response!
(1) The debug option IS enabled.
(2) The member DID receive an email but it did NOT contain a “unique” link to complete the registration. . . . only confirmation that $$ was taken (and will be taken on subscription basis) from their PayPal account
(3) NO place in email it will let user choose a “username” and “password.”
(4) In short: Steps 8, 9 and 10 are NOT happening on my site. . . and Yes, I do want to use the “Member Signup Scenario 1”November 22, 2015 at 10:58 pm #71562
okay it looks like the plugin is not even receiving the payment notification from PayPal. Thats why the steps 8,9 and 10 are not happening.
I think the IPN feature is disable in your PayPal account. Please log into your PayPal account and enable the IPN feature. The following video will show you how to do that:
Let me know how it goes after that.
The following post is a good read for you also:November 23, 2015 at 9:49 pm #71563
Plugin still not receiving notification from PayPal.
The IPN feature is and has been ENABLED . .. it is turned ON.November 24, 2015 at 1:06 am #71564
I will jump on your site and inspect everything. I have sent you an email for it.November 24, 2015 at 1:23 pm #71565
I have responded to your email with info that you requested. THANK YOU for your help!November 26, 2015 at 3:13 am #71566
You put the [wp_eMember_paypal_fields level_id=”2″] shortcode outside the PayPal button form. So it wasn’t even part of the button. Hence PayPal was never sending the IPN to the plugin. I have corrected this in your button so everything should be working fine now.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.