September 18, 2012 at 7:57 pm #7430
This is not a technical question as much as a usage question.
1. We are using both eMember with the Affiliate Platform and
1a. We have Emember automatically registering Affiliates>
1. Do we need to show the affiliate registration screen?
2. If people register as an affiliate first. Are they already members?
Reason for me asking this question is that I see eMember as a great tool for setting up an affiliate training section or an area where we can give free things like tickets and invites to SES events?September 19, 2012 at 3:33 am #49446
1. If you are using eMember’s auto affiliate creation feature then affiliate’s won’t need to manually register using the affiliate plugin’s registration page.
2. No, it doesn’t work the other way (the reason is that eMember is a robust user management plugin, the affiliate plugin is not). If you want to use single login for both eMember and affiliate plugin then you want to do that via eMember. When enabled, affiliates will automatically get logged in via eMember’s login widget too.
Let me know if that makes sense.September 19, 2012 at 6:48 pm #49447
Yes, it makes perfect sense.
So the process would be.
1. Create a emember level (affiliates)
2. Create a landing page for the affiliate level (free) but can be subject to approval
2a Choose option to automatically create affiliate in Emember
3. Perhaps a link inside of the Affiliate eMember default screen with the login to affiliate section for stats, creatives etc.
3a (question) or can a shortcode be used to show affiliate stats in the eMember section?September 19, 2012 at 11:48 pm #49448
Yes you are correct.
You can use a shortcode to embed the affiliate area (stats and other info) on a WordPress page. When your members log in and goes to that page, they will be able to access the affiliate stats. Check the following documentation for the shortcode (see option 2):September 25, 2012 at 6:48 pm #49449
When using the shortcode [wp_affiliate_view] is it possible to remove the register option.
Reason for asking is: If we use E-store w/ Emember w/Affiliate platform manager with Emember managing affiliate registration. I do not want existing members with an affiliate account accidentally creating another Affiliate account for themselves.
LouisSeptember 26, 2012 at 2:04 am #49450
Go to the affiliate plugin settings and check the “Do Not Allow Visitors to Signup” option which will disable the option to register from that page.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.