March 17, 2015 at 2:29 pm #12364
First of all: I am a rookie, so hopefully me problem is simple for you and I cannot refuse that something fundamentally might be wrong with my setup. Here is my page: [http://bfl.ravn-hjemmesider.dk/member-login/oversigt/]
* I am a course instructor, and I instruct in three different subject. To every subject there is an online E-book. What I want to do is to make a login (from backend of my site) to ever participants in my course. When I make their login, I need to be able to select which e-book they should have access to. All of this is no problem, and I already made this.
* The way I made it is that I made one membership level for every book. (Book 1, Book 2, Book 3). This works fine if the user only need access to one of the books.
* The problem is if participants has participated in more than one of my courses and therefore need access to more than one book – how do I do that? When I make the login from backend, I can only select access one membership level. For example if I need a member to have access to Book 1 and Book 3, but NOT access to book 2?
* Later on I want to make NOT PARTICIPATING people able to buy access to the books that they want on the page, so therefore it is important that they only have access to the e-books that they paid for/or I selected in backend.
I hope that you are able to help me. And as I said maybe I need to change all of my setup, but please tell me any suggestions that you may have.
DenmarkMarch 17, 2015 at 3:35 pm #69172
What you want to use is called “stacked” or multiple membership levels per user:March 17, 2015 at 6:08 pm #69173
Wow perfect! That was easy! Thanks a lot!!!
One last question:
When I want to make it possible to buy access online iset right that the easiest way is to use PayPal? I watched this video, and it seemed easy enough:
But is there a way to make is possible for the costumer to buy multiple e-books (membership levels) at once? I have Book 1, Book 2 and Book 3, and if for example if the customer wants to buy access to book 1 and book 2. Then instead of needing to buy Book 1 and finishing it through PayPal, and then need to buy Book 3 afterwards and also need to finish that through PayPal, then to select and pay for both at the same time?
Asger RavnMarch 17, 2015 at 6:43 pm #69174
If each book is associated with an individual membership level; then the purchase or expiration of one level will simply add or subtract from the existing membership level “stack.”
However, membership level must be purchased one-at-a-time, if they are subscriptions. Although membership “products” can be purchased with “Buy Now” buttons, I’m not sure if multiple membership “products” can be added to a cart. Maybe you can run a quick test?March 22, 2015 at 8:16 am #69175
Okay thanks again!
It is possible to send an email to all subscribers? For example if there is any news in one of the e-books, then I would like to send a email with it to the subscribers?
Asger RavnMarch 22, 2015 at 3:22 pm #69176
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.