February 3, 2021 at 2:11 am #82449
We’re using version 10.3.5 of the eMember plugin, and I created a registration form with the form builder addon (version 5.4.1)
Our process that we want to implement is this:
1. User registers for a free account by filling in the registration form
2. Admin manually approves and only then sends a link to the ‘upgrade membership’ page which then takes them through to payment (we want to approve first, then they can pay)
We’re testing now and getting stuck on the registration form. After filling in the whole form and clicking submit, we get this error: Email This field is required and cannot be empty.
This happens even though all fields are filled in. I have changed the validation to ‘none’ thinking that it might have been the problem, but we still get the error. Also, on the back-end I can see that a new member has been added, but with none of the details filled in and the system says that they haven’t completed the registration form.
Please advise on how we can troubleshoot this?February 3, 2021 at 7:25 pm #82455
Please delete the custom form that you created. Then recreate it and test the registration (before making any changes to the custom form).
Post the URL of the registration page (with the default form) so I can inspect the code using my browser.February 5, 2021 at 5:13 am #82468
Still getting the same error with the new one.
Registration page: [auhf.erdigital.co.za/join-us/registration]February 5, 2021 at 9:26 pm #82473
Disable the email verify feature so I can test the normal registration form.February 7, 2021 at 10:52 pm #82478
Not sure exactly what I must disable?February 8, 2021 at 8:28 pm #82493
Uncheck the following checkbox in the settings:
Free Members Must Confirm Email AddressFebruary 9, 2021 at 12:22 am #82497
I have unchecked that. You can go ahead and test 🙂February 10, 2021 at 12:01 am #82507
Looks like you have the “Email” field twice on this form. That will cause an issue. If you need to collect another email address, it needs to be a text field with a slight different name for the field.
This custom form that you have is a little bit messed up so you need to delete this form and re-create a new form.
1) Create a NEW form with default fields. Just save the newly created form without any changes.
2) Test the registration and profile page.
3) Does everything work fine?
4) If it does, then you can start editing the forms slowly. Tip: Don’t delete, move and change too many things at once. Make small changes and test.February 18, 2021 at 3:37 pm #82566
We will send you an email.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.