February 26, 2011 at 11:42 pm #2820JaneMember
I’ve posted several times on this problem. The most recent post is listed but it won’t let me access it, so I’m assuming something odd in the post.
Since November, after a year of near flawless use of the wpestore plugin, my customers have had increasing problems with the download links. I expect a few, with all the various security variations, but it’s now up to 50%, and that’s unreasonable. I’m spending all my time sending out new links to a box.net secure file. This is not what I expect from this program.
Instead of the file, the link tries to download “download.php” then it just churns away…or it says it can’t find the file. I have no problem downloading from the same links from my system. I haven’t been able to find a common denominator in the systems of the people having problems. The only remote clue I have is that sometimes, if the customer takes off the %3D%3D at the end of the file, they can successfully download.
in reference to another post that had problems with that ending on the download link, I do not have pdf stamper installed, but it’s still putting in that %3D. Can someone PLEASE tell me why it’s putting that in there? Is it normal? This is a recent discovery, so I don’t know if all the problems in the past are related to the %3D problem or not.
I really need some help here.February 27, 2011 at 1:45 am #29573amin007Participant
“Instead of the file, the link tries to download “download.php” then it just churns away.” – That looks like a caching related issue. Do you have Gzip compression on in the .htaccess file or in the aching plugin?February 27, 2011 at 2:43 pm #29574JaneMember
Thanks for responding!
Um….since I have no idea what you’re talking about, I have to say, I don’t know. What is Gzip compression? How do I check? (Sorry to be so ignorant.)February 28, 2011 at 1:58 am #29575amin007Participant
Have you added caching plugin to your site? If you have, which one?
Have you followed a similar article like this and made modifications to your .htaccess file?February 28, 2011 at 2:29 pm #29576wzpModerator
This comment addresses others who have been wondering about %3D%3D in the URL and if it has something to do with their download problems…
This morning, I too ran across the %3D%3D issue. It occurred after I upgraded PDF Stamper from 1.8 to 2.1.1, but went away after I went back to the 1.8 version. I still get %3D%3D at the end of the URL but no errors.
So, in my case, it had nothing to do with having %3D%3D in the URL, but with the 2.1.1 version of PDF Stamper. Attempting to manually stamp the same file under both versions results in an unspecified error occurring when stamping under 2.1.1 but a successful manual stamp under the older 1.8 version.
Since some people do not have PDF Stamper installed, I think the problem is not being able to find a file, and that the %3D%3D has nothing to do with the issue. In my case, eStore was trying to download a file called “Error!” which is the filename that PDF Stamper 2.1.1 returned to eStore after the failed stamping attempt.
If one were to enable debugging and then look in the download_manager_debug.log file, they can see the resolved file path that eStore was trying to download.
As for the browser attempting to download the “download.php” file, I defer to Amin’s previous comments.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.