February 20, 2014 at 5:34 pm #10336July 11, 2014 at 2:10 am #60970StarCircleAcademyMember
I’ve noticed similar issues with the ‘wp_eStore_download_links_tbl’ table. There is some special magic in it.
For example I just did a test where I created a “squeeze” form request to a product with a stamped PDF file. One entry was placed in download_links table as expected. After requesting a download, it bumped the access_count by 2 (not one). However the second download attempt only bumped the count by one.
One problem, IMHO, with the download stats is that they are fairly inscrutable. What I really want to know is which person ordered a product in the last month that they failed to download… and which person exceeded the download limit.
The download stats shows this unhelpful information (I’m using the google link shortener option, and yes, I’ve altered the actual links).
I’ve also thought about changing the way the Download Stats work. I don’t like that it saves my dates since usually when I run it, what I want is data for the most recent N days or weeks, and as I noted, I usually am most interested in those who DIDN’T download something, or those who hit the limit.July 11, 2014 at 6:04 am #60971adminKeymaster
You don’t have to change anything. That addon has been reworked so it shows the download item name, the link, how many times it has been used, IP address and the transaction ID. Here is an example of the interface:
You can use the transaction ID to related/match a link to a customer.
This is a work in progress addon. Let me know if you want this updated version of it.July 11, 2014 at 3:32 pm #60972StarCircleAcademyMember
Would love to get my hands on that!July 11, 2014 at 11:06 pm #60973adminKeymaster
I have sent it to you. The addon has also been updated on the site so when you download it from the addon download area, you will get the new version.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.