Tips and Tricks HQ Support Portal › Forums › WP eMember › Category order in manage content protection
Tagged: Manage Content Protection
- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 9 months ago by admin.
August 14, 2017 at 1:57 pm #14054panandhroSpectator
I am running a monthly print magazine since last 6 years and now all the articles published in the magazine are posted in my website. I have created categories for each year, and then, there are monthwise sub categories, under each year. The month category has posts of articles in that issue.
eMember provides everything I need, but managing content protection is very confusing for me! I have few questions:
1. To Manage Content protection, I first enabled general protection for all the categories and then granted access for 1, 2 and 3 year access plans.
My problem is, if I decide to give free access to all issues of year 2012, I am unable to find that category in the category list. The sub categories (month wise) are there. But not the parent category. Surprisingly, the year 2014 category is visible. What could be the reason?
2. All the categories are listed in random order (I have named them 033_November-2014, 034_November-2014 and so on), but they are not properly ordered, making it very difficult to find them one by one. Is there any way to sort the category lists?
3. I have many categories and they run in 5 pages on the Manage Content Protection page in admin. Suppose I want to grant access to categories that are scattered in page 1, 3 and 5, how should I do it?
Please help!August 14, 2017 at 3:25 pm #76232wzpModerator
The “categories” that eMember protects are really coming from the WordPress “terms taxonomy” list.
They “look random,” when listed, because they are being pulled from the MySQL database, in the order they were originally created (or renamed).
There are WP plugins available; that allow you to “rearrange” the order of terms (categories) in the MySQL database; like this one:
We make no warranties or recommendations, regarding these particular kinds of plugins. The *****DANGER***** is they are agnostic, with regards to any affects their “sorting operations” may have on eMember. Before using any such plugins; make sure you BACKUP YOUR SITE, do a SMALL SCALE test, and ensure that nothing “bad happened” to your eMember category protections.August 14, 2017 at 3:31 pm #76233panandhroSpectator
Thanks a lot for really prompt answer!
Can you please guide me on my last question – I have many categories and they run in 5 pages on the Manage Content Protection page in admin. Suppose I want to grant access to categories that are scattered in page 1, 3 and 5, how should I do it?
Should I first grant access to the categories on the page-1 and then go to second page?
Regards,August 14, 2017 at 11:40 pm #76234adminKeymaster
Yes, do the 1st page then go to the next pages.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.