March 31, 2013 at 8:59 am #8846
I’ve seen a few posts on this topic in the forum, but no advice posted publicly – at least none that was helpful to me. Apologies for the repeat issue.
I have my shopping cart in a footer widget, but also within pages where there are products for sale. example: [http://www.the-write-way.net/courses/]
I am using PayPal sandbox mode, and transactions seem to be working fine. I get all the requisite emails, the transactions are showing up on the PayPal end of things. Memberships are established correctly and downloads are downloadable.
The following issues are these (the first one is the only crucial one to resolve):
* Following return to the site after purchase, the cart has not been emptied.
* Despite specifying automatic return to site, I still have to click a link to get back to the thank you page [http://www.the-write-way.net/thank-you/]. This is not a crucial issue.
* I specified the download to be available on the return to site page in addition to within the email confirmation, but it is not showing up in the former (no biggie, but I’m puzzled why it isn’t there.)
I have tried the transactions both with the following settings enabled and disabled, and it doesn’t make a difference to the outcome:
* PayPay Auto Return
* Paypal Account Optional
I can provide debug files to you if needed.
Many, many thanks for any advice. I’m out of ideas and most definitely out of my depth.April 1, 2013 at 2:30 am #54724adminKeymaster
Hi, Issue number 1 and 3 are related/connected. So the main problem is the 3rd issue (when this is taken care of, the other one will automatically fix itself). Now, this 3rd issue is usually always seen when you have missed a step from the setup instruction. So please go over the documentation one more time and verify that you have entered all the details correctly:
Next, enable debug if you haven’t already. This post will tell you how to enable debug:
Do a test transaction and then share the content of the “eStore_post_payment_debug.log” file.
Your 2nd issue is not really an issue… it is how PayPal works. PayPal doesn’t auto redirect the user if he/she paid via a credit card on the PayPal site (in this event the user will have to click on the “return to merchant” link to get to your thank you page. There is basically no way to automatically redirect the user for when a payment is made via credit card (This is how PayPal works in terms of credit card payments accepted on the PayPal site).April 1, 2013 at 1:34 pm #54725
Many thanks. I reset all the settings in eStore and went through the set-up again. Rechecked everything in PayPal as per the set up instructions. [Just an aside: the PayPal sandbox pulls these set-up details from my regular account, yes? Entering the sandbox using the test business account, I am not permitted to to enter My Account>Profile to make any changes to business settings – error message received if I try.]
I got the same results. Debug file below for a purchase of a download:
[04/01/2013 1:22 PM] – SUCCESS :Generating download link for single file.
[04/01/2013 1:22 PM] – SUCCESS :Checking if a key needs to be issued for product id: 1 Requested quantity: 1
[04/01/2013 1:22 PM] – SUCCESS :This product does not have any serial key available.
[04/01/2013 1:22 PM] – SUCCESS :Performing item specific autoresponder signup if specified.April 1, 2013 at 11:29 pm #54726adminKeymaster
The PDT is not working on this PayPal sandbox account (thats what I get from the debug log you shared). Maybe this post will help you sort out your PayPal sanbox account setup:
Setting up PayPal sandbox account can be a little complex sometimes. So I would recommend you to do the following as an alternative (this may be an easier option of testing a transaction):
Do a live purchase test on your site using your live PayPal account. See point number 8 from the following post for more details on it:April 2, 2013 at 7:13 am #54727
Thank you so much for pointing me down the correct path, Admin. I did some further digging because of your advice, and have managed to get the Sandbox account to work.
Issues 1, 2, and 3 are all working smashingly now.
I’ll document what happened in case someone else runs across this post/problem.
* PayPal Sandbox was allowing me to change some information on my account, but nothing regarding the business/website within “Profile”. I had assumed it was because it was using the settings from my regular PayPal account. Not correct.
* The problem resulted from Mozilla Firefox. There were some corrupt cookies preventing changes to the Sandbox Profile. See this:
* Once I removed all cookies associated with PayPal, I was able to change the Sandbox profile, turn on auto return and PDT, grab the token, put it into eStore, and everything worked the way it was supposed to.
Thank you to T&T for the quick response time.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.