November 16, 2011 at 7:39 am #4790
I have spotted a bug with the eMember plug-in. When a user is either:
– Edited through the admin screen (/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wp_eMember_manage&members_action=add_edit&editrecord=<id>)
– Created in WP using the “Admin Functions > Create WP Account”
The WordPress users user_nicename property is incorrectly formatted. This is an issue as other plugins rely on this property as a sanitised version of the username. In this instance this issue breaks the ability for the bbPress plugin (2.0) to correctly link through to user profiles.
**Steps to reproduce the error**
1) Create a wordpress user (important the username must have a space in it e.g. “A Name”)
2) Observe the user_nicename property in the wp_users table in the database (all lower case and all spaces changed to hyphens) e.g. “a-name”
3) Login to wp-admin area
4) Navigate to WP-eMembers > Members then choose to import the new WordPress user.
5) Locate the new member in the member list and choose to edit the user
6) Make a change to the users profile e.g. update the phone number
7) Choose to Save Member Info
**What you saw**
Within the wp_users table in the database the users user_nicename property has been changed to “A Name”.
**What you expected to see**
Within the wp_users table in the database the users user_nicename property has been left untouched. There should be no need to change this field once the user is created.
The same issue is observed if creating WP Accounts for eMembers which have been imported. In this instance the Admin Functions > Create WP Accounts routine needs to actively format the user_nicename property correctly i.e. all lowercase, all spaces changed to hyphens.
Wordpress Version: 3.2.1
eMember Plugin Version: 7.3.2
PHP version: 5.2.17
Apache version: 2.2.21
MySQL version: 5.1.59November 16, 2011 at 8:08 am #38572
For anyone stuck with this issue at the moment, the following SQL statement will reformat your existing users within the WP database:
UPDATE wp_users SET user_nicename = REPLACE(LCASE(user_nicename),' ','-');November 17, 2011 at 1:04 am #38573nurMember
fix is ready. an update will be released soon.November 17, 2011 at 5:23 am #38574
Excellent, thanks for the update nur! Any initial thoughts on timescales?
PS: Loving your support team, excellent work!November 17, 2011 at 10:40 pm #38575adminKeymaster
A new build is ready for you. Please get it from here:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.