Tips and Tricks HQ Support Portal › Forums › WP eMember › Aweber is being notified about My email, not members email
Tagged: aweber, email, membership
- This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 10 years, 4 months ago by Peter.
January 29, 2013 at 6:21 pm #8414
I’m using estore to handle emember purchases.
I’m trying to drip content to members over 7 days, so I have 7 membership levels set up.
ecoach day 1
ecoach day 2
ecoach day 3
ecoach day 4
ecoach day 5
ecoach day 6
ecoach day 7
I’ve set up each level to automatically upgrade. The email notification to the user is NOT ticked.
Problem 1 – my test account gets messages saying “Your account has been upgraded” HOW DO I TURN THAT OFF?
I have a list in Aweber. I’ve tested the list and can subscribe to it IF I email it directly.
I have it set up in eStore to notify Aweber of a sale.
Problem 2 – Aweber is showing MY email addressesm not my test account email addresses. HOW DO I SEND AWEBER THE CLIENTS EMAIL? (a follow up) Should I be notifying aweber through eMember on my Day 1 account?January 30, 2013 at 5:25 am #53438adminKeymaster
1) Make sure you have the following feature turned off from the “Auto Upgrade” settings interface of the plugin:
Enable Automatic Upgrade Email Notification
2) You need to use the new AWeber integration option according to the documentation here:
Please download a new copy of the plugin(s) in question and use the above mentioned documentation to integrate AWeber and you won’t see the issue you explained. You can download a new copy of the plugin here:January 30, 2013 at 7:24 pm #53439
1) The feature in the “Auto Upgrade” setting IS turned off. That’s why I was really confused. I change the message to read “Expect an email with your details” but I really rather not send superfluous email.
2) I plan on selling other dripped content so isn’t it better I use eStore to get people on the correct list? Since I’m advancing the levels each day, won’t eMember want to sign the user up with each new level? I can see this causing confusion. I have followed the directions in your documentation and so will see.
3) I got that latest plugins 2 days ago…is there a new upgrade since then?
I’m not sure my members are advancing the way I want. I just noticed the time on the site wasn’t set to my local time. I changed that so hopefully I’ll see tomorrow if my test member advances properly.January 30, 2013 at 7:53 pm #53440
So I set up eStore to sign me up to the correct aweber account. I used the same technique in your documentation for eMember to set up eStore. I used another Autoresponder list as the main one in eStore and a specific one for the product.
My test account got both aweber opt-in…I suppose it’s not too bad, but am wondering how I can keep it just to the list I want for the product.
I’ll also wait until tomorrow to see if the auto drip actually works.
Finally, I’m wondering if I should have a login page for people. Does eMember support that?January 30, 2013 at 10:11 pm #53441PeterMember
Finally, I’m wondering if I should have a login page for people. Does eMember support that?
If you are asking whether you can have a page which has a login form for your members then yes and as a matter of fact the plugin will automatically create a login page after you activate it.
The login page URL is one of the mandatory fields in the eMember settings – see the Pages/Forms Settings section of the eMember plugin.
Also by the sounds of your question I get the feeling that you are perhaps not very familiar with the eMember functionality.
You should take some time to read our documentation and watch some of the video tutorials:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.