March 25, 2011 at 10:06 am #3045sunstarMember
I’m not sure if this is possible but I was wondering if the following is possible with the WP Affiliate plugin.
Here’s the low-down. Some of it covers what the plugin is already capable doing but I thought it best to cover the whole situation:
Banners and text links are placed on an affiliates website advertising, ”Take payments on your smartphone”. When a banner is clicked by a prospective, they are directed to My website. If the prospective then goes on to apply and importantly, is improved for an account with My website website, the affiliate is paid a set fee for that successful referral.
The above in detailed steps:
1. A website owner signs up as an affiliate with My website website. The ‘sell’ is “Take Payments On Your Smartphone”
2. This affiliate places banners and/or text links on their website
3. A prospective clicks on a banner or text link on the affiliate’s website
4. The prospective is directed to My website. (The specific landing page TBC but may be just the home page)
5. The prospective learns about My website’s services and if interested applies for an account. This can be done by either online application or telephone.
6. If the prospective applicant is successful in their application, the affiliate from who’s website the prospective originally came from, that affiliate receives a payment (check sent in the mail) of $100
My requirement seems to differ in one key way from other affiliate programs and seemingly the WP Affiliate WordPress plugin, in that the affiliate is not paid just for sending someone to the My website, nor when a certain product is sold from an ecommerce website as with eShop.
The main task it would seem is to set up a system where an affiliate is identifiable with affiliate banners and links placed on their website, when a prospective clicks on one of those links, the prospective is now associated (identified) with that affiliate. This might be a code that is displayed that the prospective takes note of. Once the prospective decides to apply for My website’s services, either by filling out the online application or over the phone with a My website’s representative and is approved by My website, My website can correlate the successful applicant (prospective) with the affiliate.
It is important to note that the prospective is likely visiting various pages within My website before applying and might not even applying that day.
I would still require the following features:
• real-time statistics for sales and traffic directed to My website site
• pending payout details
• earning reports
• account management
it appears to be set up only for a. pay per click type affiliate or b. pay for product sold on ecommerce website. I would like to know if it is possible to customize this plugin.March 26, 2011 at 3:01 am #30691
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.