May 20, 2014 at 10:38 pm #10869
1-month paid memberships register as 30-day free trial membership. How do I get this to show up on the e-Member admin as a 1-month membership?May 21, 2014 at 12:25 am #63115
How are you charging for this membership level access? Using a one off cost “Buy Now” button or a recurring subscription button?
The following post is a good read:May 21, 2014 at 10:50 am #63116
We are using a recurring subscription button.May 22, 2014 at 12:08 am #63117
okay I am a little confused with your setup so let me ask more question. The plugin will do what you configure it to do in the membership level’s subscription duration field.
What value have you entered in the “subscription duration” field of this membership access level?
If you are selling a ONE month membership then you don’t need to use a recurring payment. Recurring payment is for ongoing membership. Maybe I am not understanding the way you worded it.
Do you want to sell 30 days one off cost membership or an ongoing membership that charges the member every 30 days?May 22, 2014 at 2:05 am #63118
When someone purchases a 1-month paid subscription it automatically set to recur each month and auto bill their credit card. This 1-month paid membership is registering them as a 30-day free trial instead of the a 1-month membership that continues to remain active.May 22, 2014 at 2:13 am #63119
The free trial comes form your subscription button configuration (not from eMember’s configuration). What I still don’t understand is what functionality is not working?May 28, 2014 at 4:15 pm #63120
My problem is not with the way the free trial is working.
The functionality problem that is not working is that no matter what paid membership level the customer buys and pays for through PayPal – when they get their email to complete registration
The URL it directs them to has 4 fields. The last field “MEMBERSHIP” is already populated with the 30-day free trial, not the level they just paid for. Go here to see this URL: [http://news.channeledreadings.com/cr-news-reports-registration/?member_id=198&code=82500a21ec1704b82113c8ca192a25cd]
How do I fix this? By the way, I also went to PayPal to be sure the subscription buttons were configured properly and they are. We are not using the e-store on any of these recurring subscriptions, we are only using PayPal’s subscription buttons.May 29, 2014 at 6:43 am #63121
Thank you for the explanation, now I know the issue. The plugin creates the membership profile for the level that you specify in the PayPal button.
So here are my questions for you:
1) What value are you using in the advanced variable of this button? Copy and paste it. Make sure you are looking at the correct button (if you have a few buttons).
2) What is the membership level ID of “CR News Reports Free 30-Day Trial” level?
3) Post a link to the page where you have this payment button.May 30, 2014 at 3:27 am #63122
1) What value are you using in the advanced variable of this button? QUESTION: Where do I find “Advanced Variable?”
2)Level ID of “CR News Reports Free 30-Day Trial” ANSWER: 5
3) Post a link to the page where you have this payment button. ANSWER: Go to this URL… [http://news.channeledreadings.com/cr-news-reports-join-us/] (be sure to scroll all the way down to see everything)May 30, 2014 at 5:43 am #63123
You followed this tutorial to create your PayPal membership payment button. It has info on where you entered that advanced variable value (the video in there should be a good reference):
Once you fix that up, it should work correctly.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.